Support for birth family
Arc Adoption, Birth Family Support
Has your family been affected by adoption?
ARC Adoption North East is an independent, not for profit agency, providing free, independent local support and advice to birth family members.
The Birth Family Support Team can offer:
- Acceptance and understanding of the impact of adoption on you.
- Individual meetings with a support worker, giving you the opportunity to talk
about how you feel to someone with time to listen, and identify any ongoing
support needs you have.
- Support and encouragement in contributing to your child’s life story.
- Help with letterbox contact and writing to your child.
- Guidance on accessing records.
Alternatively, you can talk to a member of the adoption support team at Adoption Tees Valley who will help signpost you to Arc. If you'd like to speak to the ATV support team, please call 01642 526 400.
Letterbox guidance download
For further information about letterbox and how to write your updates, download our guide below.